Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Arlington Inn - Desoto, Missouri

Several weeks ago I did a Facebook search and found an old college buddy from Pearl River Jr. College that I had not seen for 50 years.  Neither of us returned to PRC after that freshman year.  Ron returned to his home in Missouri, and although we had been very good friends in 1962, we fell out of touch for the next 50 years.  Never could we have imagined that as old codgers we would reconnect via something called Facebook on a network of computers in 2012.  We had never even heard of computers in 1962.
      I learned that Ron and his wife, Diana took a plunge in 2004 and purchased a historic bed and breafast Inn in Desoto, Mo. called The Arlington.  I learned that the Arlington dates back to the Civil War era, played a role in the underground railroad, and once provided a room to ex-president of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis.
    Since I have developed an interest in preserving historic architecture via Google Earth 3D models I offered to model The Arlington Inn for Google Earth placement. Here is the result: